An express but intense mission with the Requin Safety Center of Reunion Island and the GLOBICE association.
Thanks to good weather and well-functioning teams, the operations followed one another without interruption, optimizing a good day's work.
- 8 BRUVS devices were deployed allowing the acquisition of 26 hours of video highlighting the presence of numerous sharks, rays and other predators
- 4 longlines were launched allowing the capture of a tiger shark which was immediately marked and tagged
- 1 acoustic receiver to detect marked sharks has been installed
- 1 hydrophone to detect the presence of cetaceans has been installed at a depth of 70m
- 3 water samples were taken on site and halfway to detect the presence of cetaceans and other marine organisms using the environmental DNA technique
- And finally long-nosed dolphins have been observed on the seamount